Need some ideas? Here’s what others are doing:
- The Marriott Shoals is holding a staff pie throwing contest. Hotel associates will pay $2 each to throw a pie in their managers face. Managers may counter offer by paying $3 to cancel an associates bid. All proceeds from this event will be donated to Shoals Scholar Dollars.
- Ask your friends and neighbors to help. Use this letter as a guide to put together a mailer to your neighborhood, asking your friends and neighbors to go online, learn about Shoals Scholar Dollars, and make a donation. Download the letter here.
- One professional office is donating $0.25 each time the phone rings.
- Some retailers are offering the opportunity to round up the sales amount to the next dollar and donating the difference to Shoals Scholar Dollars.
- One school is allowing teachers the opportunity to “purchase” the ability to wear bluejeans to school during Fundraising Week. For a $5 contribution, the teachers are allowed to bend the dress code, and the money goes to Shoals Scholar Dollars. (Other schools are considering a similar program to allow students to wear hats to school during that week.)
- At www.shoalsscholardollars.com, people can purchase green silicone wrist bands for $10; proceeds go to the community fund, and the wristbands are a symbol of what our community is trying to do.
- Log on to www.shoalsscholardollars.com and simply make a donation. If every resident of Colbert and Lauderdale Counties will donate as little as $5, we can reach our goal. Knowing that not everyone will or can, would you consider making your donation larger?
- Bakes sales, craft sales, or car washes are a great way to raise money, and the week in April chosen for our fundraising effort should be a great time to be outdoors raising money!
- If you are a retail store or business, consider donating 1% of your gross sales during fundraising week. There’s power in numbers, and the more businesses participating, the more likely we will meet our goals!
- Invite your friends over for a potluck supper and then pass the hat - or ask them to bring a dish and a $10 donation to Shoals Scholar Dollars.
Share your ideas with us! We’d like to give people a look at some of the unique ways you’ve created to raise money for this cause. Go to the Shoals Scholar Dollars Facebook page and tell us what you’re doing. Thank you for your help!
Shoals Scholar Dollars is a 501(c)3 organization and your contributions are tax deductible.